Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Listening to Clientele Radio on Pandora Internet Radio

I am grateful to Steven Kemple for turning me on to the band, The Clientele. I've been listening to them and related bands all afternoon on Pandora Internet Radio, a feature which was included in this laptop computer which I only discovered in the last week or so. On PIR, I type in the name of a band, or a musician, or a composer, depending on the genre I desire and Pandora's program automatically bundles that band with others of close style and plays them sequentially. I have turned on to some to some hauntingly beautiful music which has been produced over the past few years I have never been exposed to. Better late than never.

I'm about to switch styles, though, from the mellow soft psychedelia of this style to something a little more driving and cynical. There is a table of girls near mine I've been able to tolerate fairly easily until 3 boys sat a table next to theirs. The boys aren't doing anything in particular, just sipping cold drinks and hanging out, grinning and looking around vacantly with vague mischievous expressions on their faces. The girls, however, have become giddy, giggly, and high-pitched noisy. Their mindless, estrogen-driven squeals are piercing through the headphones I'm wearing. Time to make it stop.

Now, what'll it be... Tom Waits, Dylan, L. Cohen, Bowie... something dark and cynical. I know, let's try some Muse. If that doesn't work, maybe some Depeche Mode. I've had some very profound experiences listening to Muse after a few deep tokes of Salvia Divinorum. There it is. Aaah... there it is... now, that's the ticket. My bubble is sealed again. No more squealy, squealy invasions.

No comments:

Post a Comment