Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Starting over

Sitting at the Bradley Park Drive Starbuck's, Joe Walsh blasting in the headset. Iced coffee and ice water are drinks of choice. The air is clear post downpour in this part of town, but not a drop at my place, my garden, my vegetables and flowers. The sky is perfectly dark, traffic is driving perfectly by.



My previous goal was to write an ongoing report on F. A. Hayek's The Road to Serfdom. That book gave way rapidly to an expose on The Skull and Bones Club, an organization at Yale which has produced Presidents and SCOA Justices, CEO's and predatory monsters of industry. It was shorter book which promised to be a quick read full of sleuthing, skullduggery, buggery. You know... something for everyone. Well that one gave way to a short, spiral bound trilogy by Alan Watt with a theme of cutting through the matrix, which is also his website name. That one was very important and drew my entire attention for a 1/2 day, and an evening and another 1/2 day. Then I was finished. It is viral. And paradigm-shifting. It carries a theme to awaken one to the insidious wheels turning behind the scenes of current events and the mundane affairs of life. His site carries podcasts of a daily internet radio program he broacasts with ongoing commentary designed to continue the waking process.



I will undoubtedly get back to Hayek, probably sooner than later. But there is so much going on that I must remain fluid in order to remain relevant to myself. Maybe that's the key to fidelity to bogging and journaling: maintaining relevance.

No comments:

Post a Comment